Thursday, February 21, 2008

Digression: Total Lunar Eclipse 2008 Feb 20



As a digression from the general thread, I took a sequence of photos of the total lunar eclipse of 2008 Feb 20. This sequence was assembled from individual images shot from my front door step which, aside from being convenient, provided a wonderful opportunity to get warm regularly.

The last time I saw a total lunar eclipse was (IIRC) September 2003 while visiting Moab. Unfortunately I had no tripod available at that time and no photos were taken then. This time I was better prepared.

The images are crops from individual frames assembled using GIMP.

Enjoy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

great set of shots! I had forgotten we saw the eclipse in Moab! Unfortunately the weather here was cloudy, and other then a few peeks at the moon through a really dense haze, there wasnt a good spot to get any photos from for me.

Unknown said...

Very cool! I had forgotten we saw the last one in Moab! Unfortunately the weather here was cloudy last night, so other then the occasional glimpse of a glow behind the clouds, I really didnt get to see much. Guess I'll have to wait till 2010!